Sat, 18 Dec|
The Story Book
A Christmas Carol Acting Workshop
Calling for audition and signups for children interested to play roles in A Christmas Carol.
Time & Location
18 Dec 2021, 7:59 pm – 11:59 pm
The Story Book, B-5-2 Block B, Phileo Damansara, 1, Jalan 16/11, Pusat Perdagangan Phileo Damansara, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
About the Event
Calling for children interested to play roles in A Christmas Carol.
For main roles, the kids will be required to attend an audition via ZOOM (which we will arrange via Whatsapp starting from 15th Nov). The children who successfully passed the audition ) must attend 4 weeks of physical acting/roleplay workshops, conducted on Saturdays, on 27th Nov (warm up and introduction), 4th Dec, 11th Dec and a final rehearsal on 18th Dec from 4pm to 5pm.
For children playing minor roles, no audition is necessary but do indicate your interest. Depending on the roles casted to the child, he/she may or may not be required to attend every or full session of the workshop.
The first performance will be held on 18th Dec (Sat) 6pm at THE STORY BOOK's Christmas event and a public performance will be held on 19th Dec (Sun) at Sunway Velocity Mall (main atrium, centre court).
Main roles student's full workshop fees: RM200
Minor roles student's full workshop fees: RM100
(Payment is only collected after the kid's role/participation is confirmed).
Main roles (for kids aged 7 to 15):
1. Scrooge (for age 9 and above)
2. Ghost of Christmas Past
3. Ghost of Christmas Present
4. Ghost of Christmas Future
6. Bob Cratchit (for age 8 and above)
7. Mrs Cratchit (for age 8 and above)
Minor roles (for kids age 4 to 6). Some of the kids can play multiple roles. Some of the roles have no dialogue.
1. Tiny Tim (short dialogue) who also play the role of Boy Scrooge.
2. Bob’s Cratchit’s 3 children
3. Kids at the playground (2) - they will also play the role of Boy (Ignorance) and Girl (Want) with the Ghost of Christmas Present.
4. Boy outside the window (with dialogue)
5. Fred (Scrooge's nephew) (with dialogue)